- January 20, 2017
- Posted by: Mark Mikelat
- Category: Social Media Marketing
Pinterest Marketing Strategy
Pinterest Strategy – The Key Value of Pinterest
by Mark Mikelat president of
Think Building Aspirations, when you think of Pinterest Strategy. Pinterest is a photo sharing site primarily used by women. If you sell consumer based products and women are a significant target market for you, Pinterest could be a very viable marketing option for your business. Pinterest drives very high website traffic.
Pinterest Strategy – Pinterest Set-up Tips
• You can create a personal or a business Pinterest account, or both.
• Use a high quality photo that represents you, your product, or your brand.
• Your name should be obvious and consistent with your overall brand. Do not use abbreviations or jargon. It may confuse users.
• Your Business Name should be the name of your business. Even simple or small, or seemingly inconsequential differences are significant. For example, if you are ‘Rose Cafe and Bakery’ please do not enter your business name as ‘Rose Bakery.’ People may be confused about your business name.
• Update the ‘About You’ section with intriguing marketing content to get the attention of a new person. Simply posting contact information is too boring.
• Complete the website verification process to create higher credibility with users.
• Modify your settings to adjust your public interaction.
Pinterest Strategy – Best Practices Usage Tips
1. Focus on sharing high quality, engaging visuals.
2. Create multiple boards with names that your target market would find intriguing.
3. Re-pin what your followers are interested in, as long as it does not promote a direct competitor.
4. Provide keyword specific descriptions to all of your product pins.
5. Test that all of the photos link back to the proper sites to make sure that you get the click-through to the desired product website page.
Pinterest Strategy – Content Strategy
• Develop a comprehensive content strategy that focuses on driving website traffic via photo click-thrus.
• Pin and re-pin frequently.
• Evaluate the use of a professional photographer to get the highest quality photos of your products, customers, and events.
Pinterest Strategy – Content Ideas
• Photo collages
• Visuals, visuals, and more visuals
Pinterest Strategy – Next Steps.
When you think of Pinterest Strategy, think of us. Sometimes, it is tough knowing exactly what to say and how to say it. I understand. If you need help implementing a social media marketing strategy, please click on the orange button, schedule a no-cost phone consultation with me and let us talk about how I can help you with your social media marketing needs.
Next steps – Social Media Success Kit.
If you see the value of good social media marketing strategy, and are a do-it-yourselfer, then the Social Media Success Kit is for you. This is a comprehensive library are 20+ online courses on social media marketing topics. Once you invest in the online course, you have full access and you can view the materials again and again. Visit this page to learn more about all of the topics and resources that you get in the Social Media Success Kit.
Please join our email list. We welcome new subscribers to the Building Aspirations newsletter with the Email Marketing Video Success Kit, 10 videos on how to ramp up your email marketing. Click here to subscribe.
Connect with me on Social Media