- December 12, 2016
- Posted by: Mark Mikelat
- Category: Social Media Marketing
Marketing on Instagram
How to market on Instagram
Marketing on Instagram
by Mark Mikelat president of Building Aspirations
Think Building Aspirations, when you need help marketing on Instagram. Instagram is a photo sharing site that is owned by Facebook. Users post, comment on, and share, or re-gram photos that they like. This channel is growing incredibly quickly primarily because it is a smart phone-app based platform. Users can quickly snap a photo and post it on Instagram. If you market visually appealing consumer based products to a younger demographic, then this might be a good marketing option for your business.
Marketing on Instagram – Set-up Tips
• Your profile is indexed for web search, so be strategic with keyword usage.
• You may only include one web link in your profile. Pick the one that makes the most marketing sense for your business and make sure that it is clickable.
• You may choose to link your Instagram to your Facebook account, but you are not required to do so.
• Create a user name that is consistent with your overall branding.
• It is not unusual for people to use their Twitter user name, or handle as their Instagram user name. This is an example of consistent branding.
• Make sure to load a high quality profile picture that supports you, your company or your product.You may need to crop the Instagram photo.
• After your account is created, view it on a computer and a smart phone to mark sure that you are happy with the visual representation of the profile.
Marketing on Instagram – Usage Tips
1. Install the Instagram app and supporting tools on your smart phone to support real time updates, managing and monitoring.
2. You may only post photos using a mobile device.
3. Create a visual story with your photos that market you, your products, your services and your business’s vision.
4. Use hashtags that are specific, relevant and meaningful. For example, if you are posting a picture of a purse, add the hashtag ‘#purse’ instead of ‘#clothing’.
5. Follow the influencers and thought leaders in your industry.
Marketing on Instagram – Content Strategy
• Create a content strategy based around themes that can be visually represented.
• Post often and during the daytime hours in your target market.
• Use this as a tool to monitor what is trending in your industry.
Marketing on Instagram – Content Ideas
• Engaging photos
• Short videos
• Inspirational quotes that support your brand
Do you need a consultation?
Social Media Marketing can really work, if you have the right partner to guide you. If you need help implementing a social media marketing strategy, please click on the orange button, schedule a no-cost phone consultation with me and let us talk about how I can help you with your social media marketing needs.
Next steps – Social Media Success Kit.
If you see the value of good social media marketing strategy, and are a do-it-yourselfer, then the Social Media Success Kit is for you. This is a comprehensive library are 20+ online courses on social media marketing topics. Once you invest in the online course, you have full access and you can view the materials again and again. Visit this page to learn more about all of the topics and resources that you get in the Social Media Success Kit.