- February 7, 2017
- Posted by: Mark Mikelat
- Category: Social Media Marketing
LinkedIN Marketing Strategy
How to Market on LinkedIN
by Mark Mikelat president of Building Aspirations
Think Building Aspirations, when you need to know how to market on LinkedIN. LinkedIN is a more formal social media medium. If you sell Business to Business (B2B), this is a valuable marketing channel for you. You can market yourself, your business, and also evaluate your competitor and more specifically research your target market.
How to Market on LinkedIN – Set-up Tips
• On your company page – create a visual appealing company page.
• On your company page – create content that is benefits rich and market focused.
• Explain how your products and services solve the problems of your market.
• On your company page – be keyword focused. Work with marketing experts to determine the keywords your market is searching for.
• On your personal page – pay special attention to word choice in your header and summary sections.
• On your personal page – customize your sections according to your intended results. Emphasize the skills and experience that are most important to your target market.
• On your personal page – make sure to review your settings to confirm that the desired sections of your profile are available for public view.
How to Market on LinkedIN – Usage Tips
1. Make sure that your company page and personal profile are fully updated.
2. Share visual examples of your success stories such as photos, portfolios, or client testimonial videos.
3. If you are seeking strategic partners, vendors, supplies, or collaborative partners, mention that specifically and prominently on your company page or the summary section of your personal profile.
4. Join and participate in the groups that are most relevant to your industry and target market.
5. Use the Pulse tool to monitor breaking news and trends in your industry.
How to Market on LinkedIN – Content Strategy
• Create a marketing plan with very direct, concise and targeted messages.
• Focus on valuable messages that result in lead generation. Entice potential leads and provide a specific call to action.
• Provide content that is more formal, strategic, and business-like.
Connect with me on Social Media
How to Market on LinkedIN – Content Ideas
• Long Posts
• Company announcements
• Video messages
Do you need a consultation?
Social Media Marketing can really work, if you have the right partner to guide you. If you need help implementing a social media marketing strategy, please click on the orange button, schedule a no-cost phone consultation with me and let us talk about how I can help you with your social media marketing needs.
Next steps – Social Media Success Kit.
If you see the value of good social media marketing strategy, and are a do-it-yourselfer, then the Social Media Success Kit is for you. This is a comprehensive library are 20+ online courses on social media marketing topics. Once you invest in the online course, you have full access and you can view the materials again and again. Visit this page to learn more about all of the topics and resources that you get in the Social Media Success Kit.